The main goal is to determine the effect of Valerian capsule on sleep quality in patients with coronary artery bypass graft.
(2) Design:Design This study is a randomized clinical trial, triple blind, with placebo. The doctor, patient, analyst and researcher were blinded. random numbers table will be used.
(3) Setting and conduct: On the second day after cardiac surgery, the patients will receive entry and exit criteria after the necessary training, giving written consent and recording the demographic and surgical data according to the random number table in the placebo and intervention group.
(4) Participants including major eligibility criteria: 70 patients from 40 to 80 years of age with non-emergency coronary artery bypass graft surgery and, if allergic, post-surgical complications and death of the patient are excluded.
In the complement or intervention group, 35 patients will receive 530 mg capsules of valerian fluid from the second day after surgery every night for one month.
In the placebo or control group, there are 35 patients, and in the same way, the placebo will receive capsules containing wheat flour.
The four steps (before the intervention - 3 days, 14 days and 30 days later) will be completed by the Pittsburgh Questionnaire.
(6) main outcome measures (variables):
1-Sleep mental quality
2- Delay in falling asleep
5- Sleep disorders
6- Use of sleeping medicines
7. Daily functional disorders